Sunday, February 2, 2014

Trying So Very Hard and Failing

I went to an event yesterday for Syria. Now, time and time again I am proved right when it comes to these events, they are always failures/jokes. 

Now this event was supposed to be for Dr. Rateb Nabulsi, a well known scholar from Syria. Around 650 people came to this event, all eager to hear him speak. 




Check out this loser 


Besides the usual things wrong with these events unorganized/too crowded/can't even hear the speakers cause no one will shut up/etc, the fucking doctor ONLY SPOKE FOR 20 MINUTES, AND HE DIDNT EVEN MENTION SYRIA.

This begs the question: WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?!?!?!? 

Don't give me that "oh he's afraid, he still wants to go back to Syria" shit, don't fucking come to the stupid event, you half fucked doctor. You are a disgrace. But it's not your fault, the real people to blame are the idiots who brought you to speak at an event for Syria. And the idiots such as myself who decided to give these stupid events a chance even thought they ALWAYS without a doubt will be a failure. 

Now the ONE good thing about this event was this lady who had come from the Moadamiya came to this event and spoke of the atrocities that happens in her city. Almost everyone in the room was sobbing, and crying. And when she finished her speech, she received a standing ovation. I was thrilled that this girl spoke and inside my head I thought 

"who needs the dumb dr. we came here to see, this girl is awesome, she moved us all now I'm sure more people will donate money to the cause"

But that poor girl put her faith in the wrong people. She told us tearfully that people in Syria were counting on us and how we wouldn't let them down, but we did. When the fundraiser started, a grand total of maybe ten people raised their hands to donate money. The girl came up and begged people to donate as much as they could and she assured them that the money would reach those in need, still no one raised their hands. 

SHAME ON EVERYONE WHO COULD HAVE DONATED AND DIDNT, BECAUSE THEIR CHEAP SORRY ASS WOULD NOT LET THEM. THAT GIRL SPOKE OF ALL THE ATROCITIES AND BEGGED FOR HELP, AND YOU ALL TURNED YOUR BACK ON HER. 

I couldn't even believe this had happened. I was sure that after this girl spoke, we'd easily raise a 100k. I was very very very very wrong. 

And to make things worse, the dumb ass "dr." spoke ZERO words on Syria. All he talked about was raising your kids or some stupid shit like that. Excuse me we are not here to hear your stupid advise. 



The poor girl from Moadamiya left the room CRYING her heart out. Because we LET HER DOWN. SHE AND HER PEOPLE WRE SUFFERING AND WE SHOWED HER THAT WE DIDNT CARE. At least most of the people did. 


This further proves my point that most of the Syrians here go to these events to socialize and to eat food. NOT to help people out. This was kind of the last straw for me. I still had a LITTLE hope that SOME people were still decent, but that hope is gone now. Now how many times did I say that? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SAID THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE HERE ARE PHONIES? Oh yeah, a hundred freaking times. 



BUT DOES ANYONE LISTEN TO ME? 
No. No one listens. 

I wish I could see that girl again, but I'm going to assume she'll never come to these sorry ass events again. And neither will I. 

Later, 
Anonymous Syrian

No comments:

Post a Comment